An environmentally friendly company
Electronic waste – or ‘e-waste’ – refers to all items of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and its parts that have been discarded by its owner as waste without the intent of reuse.
The UK produces more than 100 million tonnes of waste every year. The UK consumes 1.8 million electronic items per year – less than 20% of this ewaste is recycled. In Britain each year, we throw away two million tonnes of electronic waste. E-waste occupies a major part of the countries trash in landfills.
One of the key hazards of e-waste is its electronic components, such as lead, cadmium and mercury which are harmful to the environment, therefore it is of the utmost importance to ensure discarded equipment is dealt with by a responsible recycler. Recycle IT 4U is certified to ISO 14001 Environment Management, which enhances our environmentally friendly appropriate method of recycling, refurbishment or disposal. In addition, Recycle IT 4U is an environmentally friendly company to help reduce the impact on the environment and preserve natural resources. By the very nature of its business, Recycle IT 4U aim to have an overall positive impact on the environment by preventing as much WEEE waste as possible going to landfill.
Recycle IT 4U Environmental Policy
The company adopts the following principles to its activities:
- To comply with all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Addressing and continuously improving the company’s environmental performance.
- Preventing pollution wherever possible and ensuring that we recycle everything wherever practical and appropriate.
- Ensuring environmental issues are considered in the introduction of new processes, services or facilities.
- Providing support and information to staff with respect to environmental matters.
- Monitoring and reviewing our environmental performance.
- Where practicable ensure our suppliers have a sustainable approach and good ethical best practices where possible.
Recycle IT 4U Ltd Director’s are responsible for implementing this policy. The day-to-day management of the policy, and the Company’s environmental performance rests with the Company Directors, who are responsible for:
- Providing sufficient resources for effective implementation of the policy.
- Ensuring environmental responsibilities are assigned to staff members, where appropriate.
- Reviewing company environmental performance.
- Periodic reviews of the company’s facilities and activities to ensure compliance with the policy.
- Monitor developments in environmental issues that impact upon the company.
- Keep staff and other interested parties informed of the company’s efforts to improve its environmental performance.
Book A Collection*
To book a collection simply click the link below and fill in the online form to start the process. We will get in contact with you to confirm your collection date and time.
*Unfortunately due to Environment Agency legislation and collection costs we are only able to accept requests for collections from businesses and not private individuals.
Items We Collect
- TFT Monitors
- Mobile Phones
- Power Supplies
- Network Attached Storage Units
- Hard Drives
- Data Tapes, CDs