- What are the important things to look out for in a recycling company and what questions should I ask?
- Seek copies of their Waste Carriers licence.
- Seek copies of an Environmental T11 Permit or exemption certificate.
- Are they accredited with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 20701?
- Do they use their own vehicles and drivers?
- Do they issue full asset tracking documentation and certificates for each collection?
- What is the standard of data erasure?
- Do I have a legal obligation to recycle IT equipment?
Yes any organisation that disposes of redundant electrical and electronic equipment has a legal obligation to ensure that it is disposed of with due care and in accordance with the WEEE directive.
- What is hazardous and non-hazardous waste?
CRT and TFT monitors, laptop screens, batteries, projectors and fluorescent tubes are classified as hazardous waste.
All other redundant IT equipment is classed as non-hazardous
- What is the Data protection Act and how does it affect my organisation?
Please refer to our full page on Legislation where the Data Protection Act is defined in detail
- Would they be happy for you to conduct an onsite visit?
An onsite visit would allow you to see for yourself the level of security at the site where your equipment is being delivered to.
- What happens if the collecting vehicle breaks down in transit?
Our vans have AA breakdown with recovery cover, with a special clause for the van and its contents to be recovered and taken direct to our secure warehouse. Our staff stay with the van at all times and the cargo load bay remains locked.
The ICO website offers detailed guidance on the relevant laws and is responsible for the public register of Data Controllers and public authorities who have approved publication services under the Freedom of Information Act. Click here for more information: http://ico.org.uk
- Does the company have any special qualities to make it stand out from the competiton?
Recycle IT 4U`s corporate ethos is – “To deliver an outstanding level of service whilst practicing secure and environmentally sound processes”.
- Do you offer a collection service throughout the UK?
Yes our own vans and staff are used countrywide.
- What items do you collect?
We are fully licensed to collect IT and Telecommunications equipment covered by Category 3 of the WEEE directive: PCs, servers, monitors, network equipment, printers, photocopiers, faxes, mobile phones, AV equipment, ancillary items and cables. Please see the complete list of items on our home page.