A list of the top 20 best selling mobile phones:
20. Last on the list is the Samsung Galaxy S III, it was released in 2012 and is largely believed to be the first smartphone to kick off Samsung’s domination on the market.
19. The Motorola StarTAC was released in 1996 and is believed to be one of the first mobiles to truly enter the mainstream conscience.
18. The Apple iPhone 4s, was released in 2011 and was the first iPhone to feature Siri.
17. The Nokia 5130 was released in 2007. This music-playing phone featured a 2MP camera with more than 65 million being sold.
16. Apples iPhone 5 was launched in 2012 and was Apples first larger handset. It had a production run of only 12 months but still sold more than 70 million handsets.
15. The Nokia 6010 was introduced in 2004 and sold more than 75 million units.
14. Samsung Galaxy S4 went on sale in 2013 and became the company’s fastest selling smartphone. Over 80 million handsets were sold.
13. Nokia 1208 went on sale in 2007 and featured an inbuilt torch and colour screen. More than 100 million units were sold.
12. The Nokia 3310 was launched in 2000 and was well known for its games including Space Impact and Snake! It sold more than 126 million handsets.
11. Motorola RAZR V3 went on sale in 2004 and is Motorola’s highest entry selling over 130 million handsets.
10. The Nokia 1600 was released in 2006 and sold more than 130 million units.
9. Nokia’s 2600 was released in 2004 and didn’t even feature a camera or Bluetooth connectivity.
8. The Samsung E1100 went on sale in 2009 and had a battery life of 13 days when on standby. It sold more than 150 million units.
7. Nokia’s 5230 went on sale in 2009 and sold more than 150 million handsets.
6. The Nokia 6600 was released in 2003, the egg shaped phone came with a hefty price tag of £400.
5. The Nokia 1200 went on sale in 2007 and was praised for its long battery life. It sold more than 150 million units.
4. Nokia’s 3210 went on sale in 1999 and is remembered as most peoples first mobile phone.
3. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are Apple’s best selling iPhone to date after being released in 2014. More than 220 million handsets have been sold.
2. The Nokia 1110 was released in 2005 and sold more than 250 million units.
1. Nokia’s 1100 released in 2003 is the best selling mobile phone in the world selling more than 250 handsets.
Read the full story at… http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/01/26/the-20-bestselling-mobile-phones-of-all-time/motorola-startac/